Twitter

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Apple Sage Pork Chops

One thing I have discovered that I love are the McCormick packets in the spice aisle. They give you a small amount of each spice that is needed to make a specific meal. That way, before you really learn to understand what spices go best with what and you know which to buy for your home. I bought the Apple and Sage Pork Chops and my boyfriend and I were in awe. This was an awesome recipe. For someone who hasn't cooked very long, fruit and meat together is a whole new territory. But I found myself wanting an peice of apple and a peice of pork on each bite! I hope you enjoy it! I served mine with a bowl of potatoes. If you are cheap and still learning like me, you can take my great advice. Go into the aisle, look at the back of the different recipes, take a snap shot on your smart phone and if you already have the ingredients you don't even need to buy the packs.

Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
6 boneless pork chops, 3/4- to 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 Gala apples, cut into thin wedges
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup apple juice
DIRECTIONS
1. Mix flour, sage, seasoned salt, thyme and nutmeg in small bowl until well blended. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture.

2. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add pork chops; brown on both sides. Remove from skillet. Add apples, onion, remaining seasoned flour and juice to skillet; stir until well mixed. Return pork chops to skillet.

3. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until pork chops are desired doneness. Remove pork chops to serving platter; keep warm. Simmer sauce 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment