Twitter

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garlic Steak and Potoates


Instead of over complicated recipes I tried this easy dish.
 Remember, sometimes the easiest, most obvious dishes can be some of the best! Last nights dinner went over very well.
Threw the potatoes in the crock pot in some tin foil before work.
Came home, they were fully cooked (don't forget to poke holes in them).
Then took butter and minced garlic and through it in the microwave with some garlic powder.
Took two pans, poured oil in them, let them get hot.
Opened up my steaks and threw them in the pan. Timing them in my head to flip in four minutes.
I used a brush and brushed on the butter sauce generously, because a lot of it will come off in the pan, making sure to get the garlic all over the steak.
Then moved on and did the same to my second steak.
Then I grounded  up sea salt and black peppercorn on top of each before flipping them over.
Then again rubbing the steaks down, then pouring most of the left over juice on the steaks to simmer.
Then right before taking them out, I put the salt and pepper on the second side too.
 Transferring them to plates, I poured the remaining sauce onto the steaks, next to the potatoes.
And it turned out great!
Tips: Be sure to have the crock pot on low and make sure the potatoes are a good size, the smaller ones were a little tough on the bottom from over cooking. I left mine in for 9 1/2 hours. If you can get home sooner than that, I would say, you could use a smaller potato.
Also, make sure your steak is at least an inch thick. Too thin steaks require less time. And do not use a pan lid because this can cook the center too much and make your steak dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment